Friday, January 14, 2011

Doug, my letter carrier

In early December, my letter carrier left a holiday greeting in our mailbox.  Doug is the guy who delivers all my knitting magazines, books and other goodies.  He also makes our Netflix movies appear and disappear.  He has his head in the game and does a great job. I wanted him to know we appreciate him.  What else would I do?  I knit him something...

Using a selection of cross stitch alphabet books I got from my library's treasure room (recycled bookstore), I charted and designed Doug a scarf.  It has the feel of an old time letter sweater.  I knitted up on my my mid-gauge knitting machine.  Now you might think that would make it easier but know the challenge with a knitting machine is that as you work, you see the back of the work...the purl side.  That means that all the letters were done backwards. 

I think it came out great and apparently Doug does too.  I see him delivering the mail sporting his new scarf.  Thanks, Doug!

Here are some photos of the scarf, as well as Doug's thank you.  





No comments:

Post a Comment